Are you in need of a quick snack or treat for Valentine’s Day? This Valentine’s Popcorn is perfect!
This popcorn is one of my favorite things to make! I make it for almost any holiday or even just because! This Valentine’s Popcorn could really be called “holiday popcorn” or “festive popcorn” or even “candy-coated popcorn.” No matter what it is called, it is delicious, addicting and super fast to make.
My kids love to make this with me. They love to watch the popcorn pop on the stove and they absolutely love pouring (yes, pouring) the sprinkles on the popcorn after I have thoroughly stirred the white chocolate onto the popcorn. As I said earlier, I make this for just about any holiday I can find sprinkles for. And when I need to make it when there’s not a holiday near, I just use regular colored sprinkles. And the more sprinkles, the better, because sprinkles are just fun!
Another great thing about this popcorn? It’s gluten-free! I will often make snacks and goodies for our youth group and we have a couple teens with special dietary needs. This popcorn gets requested often because everyone can eat it.
So, this Valentine’s Day, make this popcorn for your kids, your sweetheart, a group, or a neighbor!
You can make the popcorn any way you want, on the stove top, in the microwave or with an air popper.
- ½ cup popcorn kernels, popped
- ½ package of vanilla melting chocolate or 1 cup of white chocolate chips, melted according to package directions
salt, to taste
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl. Add the melted chocolate on top of the popcorn and stir until all the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Place a sheet of parchment or wax paper on an open counter space or your kitchen table. If you spray a little cooking spray on the table or counter first, the parchment or wax paper will stick better.
- Spread the popcorn on the parchment paper so that most of the popcorn is touching the parchment (popcorn is not laying on top of one another).
- Sprinkle salt on the popcorn, if desired.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles on the popcorn and let the mixture dry and harden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the popcorn has hardened, serve and enjoy. Popcorn may also be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.